Philippine Halo-halo is a personal blog that aims to provide information about Philippine Languages and the Philippine culture.
What data does it collect?
Philippine Halo-halo collects the following data:
- Personal data (username, email address, IP address)
- Usage data (pages visited, search terms used, time spent on site, referring network, and other data that demonstrate how you interact with the site)
How does it collect your data?
Philippine Halo-halo collects and process data when you:
- Subscribed to its feed or left a comment under a post
- Used or viewed the website via your browser’s cookies.
What types of cookies does it use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, the website uses:
- Analytics – Philippine Halo-halo uses these cookies to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics on the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Performance: Philippine Halo-halo uses these cookies to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
- Functionality – Philippine Halo-halo uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. They are also used to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Philippine Halo-halo uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
Philippine Halo-halo may share limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. This means that when you visit the website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. Do note, however, that this may result in some website features not to work properly.
How will it use your data?
Philippine Halo-halo collects your data so that it can:
- Respond to your comments or messages
- Monitor statistics to get an idea of what you want to see in the site
- Monitor technical issues that may negatively affect your experience in using the site
- Display ads that may match your interests best
If you agree, Philippine Halo-halo will share your data with our partner companies so that they may help achieve the goals stated above.
Google – Used for establishing how users found the site, figuring out their search when reading the contents of the site, remembering their preferences, for monitoring the technical usability of the website, and for serving ads that may match the users’ interests best.
WordPress – Used for establishing how users found the site, figuring out their search when reading the contents of the site, remembering their preferences, for responding to their comments and inquiries, for monitoring the technical usability of the website, and for recording IP addresses of users as a form of spam and fraud control.
How does it store your data?
Data collection on Philippine Halo-halo is facilitated via Google Services — the data of which is stored in Google Data Centers that may be located in any one of its servers in the US, EU, and Asia — and WordPress.com — the data of which is stored in multiple data centers across the United States and around the world. For more information on how Google and WordPress collect, process, retain, and remove your data, it is highly recommended that you read their own privacy policies here and here.
Privacy policies of other websites
Retention of Personal Information
If you would like to request deletion of your username or email address, please send an email to Contact@philippinehalohalo.com.
Data (such as comments) previously submitted under your username will be deleted from publicly accessible locations except in cases where they will be important in providing context to a related submission (conversation thread).
For cases such as this, the content of the submission (the comment) will be retained, but the personally identifiable information (username) will be anonymized.
How to contact the admin
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org